We have simplified the GTD (Getting Things Done) methodology to the core principles that will help you create a productive workflow.
1. [Collecting] You can empty your head of all the tasks and ideas that pop-up in your mind by writing them all in the main list (your inbox).
2. [Processing] From there you can process them to decide which are the important ones for now - leave them in the middle focus area, which can be scheduled for later - snooze them left for later, and which are the small tasks (2min) that you can complete straight away - swipe right to complete them.
3. [Next Action] Ones you’ve settled on the priorities for the day, you can allocate specific time when to do them by snoozing them to come one right after another. Only one task should stay in your main list giving you the clear mind to focus on accomplishing it.
4. [Context] By assigning tags to your tasks you divide them according to a context (work, project A, home, train, shop etc.) To work in a specific context and see only the relevant tasks, press on the 'action' button on the main screen>choose the filter function. Then click on a tag of your choice and the list will be scraped down only to the relevant to this tag tasks. This filter will be active across all screens until you disable it. We've called this function 'Workspaces' and it helps you focus on one thing at a time.
5. [Reference and Action systems] With the Swipes integration to Evernote, you can both attach evernotes to a task and turn notes with checkmarks from Evernote into tasks in Swipes. In this way you keep your reference system (Evernote) and your action system (Swipes) connected and organised but not mixed and overlapped.